Sunday, September 14, 2008

My birthday

It's not today, but it's coming up this weekend. And my dear sister has told me she wants to give me a gift I've really been wanting and will cry with joy on receiving it. I know I would want the same for her. I love giving gifts and feeling that they are a blessing to the recipient. I fully agree with, "It is better to give than receive." There is something I want for my birthday. What means much more to me than a gift is quality time. It is my dominant love language. Spending time with my sisters is fun and priceless. I feel the same way about my husband. I have repeatedly asked him to not buy me a gift, but take me out to eat, hold my hand for no reason at all, and tell me he loves me at a time when I don't expect it. And yes, he's reading this over my sholder as I type. It never hurts to drop a hint or in this case a huge boulder. I love you husband!

0 comments: